Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Spotlight


My biggest regret after attending the Bonnaroo music festival was not seeing Childish Gambino A.K.A. Donald Glover perform.  I had never heard of him, so why should I waste my valuable time on this unknown entity? By no means do I consider myself a music expert, especially in the rap genera, but Gambino's new album "Camp" is something that I've been listening to a lot.  When this man isn't rapping or doing stand up comedy, he's starring on NBC's hit show Community or writing for 30 Rock along side Tina Fey. His comedic background shines through in many of his tracks as I find myself laughing at a witty line or pun.  He takes a non-traditional approach to rap and that is what makes him so good. Take a listen and maybe next weekend steal the iPod away from the kid playing "Party Rock Anthem" for the 42nd time in a row and throw this on.


-Dubs

1 comment:

  1. I will be attending the Bonnaroo Music Festival this summer, and Childish Gambino is one of the acts that I am most looking forward to. I definitely agree that he takes a very non-traditional approach to rap music. His lyrical word play rivals anyone, and the originality that he uses to express his life experiences is something that almost anybody can relate to. Donald Glover is a person who has made an immense impact on my life, and it makes me happy to know that another person appreciates the raw talent that this man has.

    ReplyDelete