Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Woey Presents "Badger of the Week"

Hannah (middle) always wears a game face on Saturdays in the Fall.

Name: Hannah Heide
Year: Sophomore
Intended Major: Elementary Education

What is your favorite school related event?
"I love staying (after everyone leaves the football game after Jump Around) and watching the band perform the 5th Quarter."

What is your favorite non-school thing to do?
"Ice-skating at the Shell on Thursday nights at 11:15. I only do it once or twice a semester, but it's super fun to do spontaneously!"

What are your thoughts on media fluency?
"I certainly lack media fluency. On the one hand, the internet is super helpful for writing papers and getting work done. On the other hand, we could all use a little more time reading real books and researching in a library."

How do sites like Facebook and Twitter affect your study habits?
"I don't have a Twitter and I'm really bad at Facebook creeping, so actually those sites don't get me too bad. Pinterest on the other hand..."

Where is your favorite place to eat on State Street?
"I love the Parthenon. Gyros are soo good. They are my guilty pleasure food."

Name a few things everyone has to do before they graduate here.
"Swim and lay out on the docks by the Rowing building. Eat a healthy amount of Babcock Ice Cream. Bike to picnic point. Drink beer on the Union Terrace. See a live concert at any venue in Madison."

How do you handle going to a prominent university which is also one of the top party schools in the nation?
"You can sleep when you're dead."

Where do you like to study?
"The Law Library. It's so quiet you feel guilty if you aren't studying."

Do you have any other advice for students?
"I'm only a sophomore so I don't know everything, but I recommend going to a sporting event that isn't football, basketball, or hockey. Those are great, but I love watching volleyball too. It's amazing to see all of the under appreciated D1 talent at this school."

One last thing; when you say Wisconsin, have you really said it all?
"Mmhmm!" (Go to 41-43 seconds in the link below to hear the sound she made to answer this question.)




No comments:

Post a Comment